Generic Name: Metoclopramide Hydrochloride
Therapeutic category: Anti Emetics
Description: MECLOMID I.V./I.M. Injection is clear and colorless to almost colorless solution. It contains 5.0 mg/ml of Anhydrous Metoclopramide Hydrochloride and it belongs to a group of medicines called Antiemetic.
How MECLOMID works?
Metoclopramide stimulates activity of the upper gastro-intestinal tract and restores normal co-ordination and tone. Gastric emptying is accelerated and the resting tone of the gastroesophageal sphincter is increased. Metoclopramide is a dopamine-receptor antagonist with a direct anti-emetic effect on the medullary chemoreceptor trigger zone.
- To prevent nausea and vomiting that may occur after surgery
- To treat nausea and vomiting including nausea and vomiting which may occur with a migraine
- To prevent nausea and vomiting caused by radiotherapy
Pediatric population (aged 1-18 years) if other treatment does not work or cannot be used:
- To prevent delayed nausea and vomiting that may occur after chemotherapy
- To treat nausea and vomiting that has occurred after surgery
Dosage and administration:
The solution can be administered as I.M. or I.V. I.V. doses should be administered as a slow bolus (at least over 3 minutes).
All indications (adult population)
- For prevention of PONV a single dose of 10mg is recommended.
- For the symptomatic treatment of nausea and vomiting, including acute migraine-induced nausea and vomiting and for the prevention of radiotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (RINV): the recommended single dose is 10 mg, repeated up to three times daily.
The maximum recommended daily dose is 30 mg or 0.5mg/kg body weight.
All indications (pediatric patients aged 1-18 years)
The recommended dose is 0.1 to 0.15 mg/kg body weight, repeated up to three times daily by intravenous route. The maximum dose in 24 hours is 0.5 mg/kg body weight.
|1 – 3 years||10-14 kg||1mg||Up to 3 times daily|
|3 – 5 years||15-19 kg||2mg||Up to 3 times daily|
|5 – 9 years||20-29 kg||2.5mg||Up to 3 times daily|
|9 – 18 years||30-60 kg||5mg||Up to 3 times daily|
|15 – 18 years||Over 60 kg||10mg||Up to 3 times daily|
The maximum treatment duration is 48 hours for treatment of established postoperative nausea and vomiting & 5 days for prevention of delayed chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting.
Prescribing Information: PDF DownloadThe details of our product are included from the finalized insert available for our products.