Generic Name: Tranexamic Acid Injection BP
Therapeutic category: Antifibrinolytics
TRAXAREST I.V. Injection is a clear, colorless sterile solution. It contains 500mg/5ml of Tranexamic Acid and it belongs to a group of medications called Antifibrinolytics. It may also use for other conditions as determined by the doctor. This medicine is to be given only by or under the direct supervision of the doctor.
HOW DO TRAXAREST WORKS?
Tranexamic Acid exerts an anti-hemorrhagic activity by inhibiting the fibrinolytic properties of plasmin. A complex involving tranexamic acid being linked to plasminogen when transformed into plasmin.
- Prevention and treatment of hemorrhages due to general or local fibrinolysis in adults and children from one year.
- Ear Nose Throat surgery (adenoidectomy, tonsillectomy, dental extraction)
- Gynecological surgery or disorders of obstetric origin.
- Thoracic and abdominal surgery
- Management of hemorrhage due to the administration of a fibrinolytic agent
Dosage and Administration
- 5 gm to 1 gm of tranexamic acid by slow intravenous injection two or three times a day in the treatment of local fibrinolysis.
- 1 gm of tranexamic acid by intravenous injection every 6 to 8 hours, equivalent to 15mg/kg BW in the treatment of general fibrinolysis.
- For Patients with mild to moderate renal impairment, the dosage of tranexamic acid should be adjusted according to the serum creatinine level.
- No dose adjustment is required in patients with hepatic impairment.
Prescribing Information: PDF DownloadThe details of our product are included from the finalized insert available for our products.